Thursday, March 29, 2012

Are You A Basket or Egg Family?



I tried to do this post yesterday but I just could not get into blogger.  So, here it is today!

My question is, are you a basket or egg family?  What I mean by that is on Easter do you hunt for a basket already filled with goodies or do you carry an empty basket and look for hidden eggs?

I was raised looking for a filled basket with Easter goodies.  So, this remains our family tradition.  Many people I know hunt for decorated real eggs or goody filled plastic eggs.  What does your family do?  I would love to hear about it in the comments!

2 comments:

Aus said...

I was raised like you - hunting for the filled basket. My bride was raised to hunt for the filled or decorated eggs.

We reached a compromise - we do both!! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Reena said...

I was raised to color the eggs and leave them in my basket for the Easter Bunny to inspect. If the bunny likes my eggs he takes them, and fills my basket with treats. We do this with our girls and I also hide some plastic eggs filled with jelly beans, stickers, etc.

DH was raised to color the eggs and they are simply left alone by the bunny. The bunny hides small chocolate eggs. I grew up with dogs--and we have a dog so we do not do this.

I had not heard of DH's tradition prior to meeting him and this is the first I have heard of hunting for a filled basket!