Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Do Dreams Really Mean

I have never been someone that has put too much weight into what I dream.  I do dream, I think, about every night.  Some seem to be just entertaining, some I am trying to escape something and some I dream about people, like my Grandma, that has passed away or friends from high school.

I had a strange dream last night.  So here goes my dream:

I was in China with one of my three older daughters.  Which one, I am not sure but one of them was there with me.  We had traveled to pick up our daughter/sister that we were adopting.  She was the age of four!  All the other families were receiving their children but my daughter was not there.  I decided to let it slide for that day and hoped she would come tomorrow.  Now, for those of you that know me, I would be asking then and now about her, not wait until the next day.

The next day came and late afternoon had rolled in and still no daughter came.  I decided to ask our Coordinator about it and she said, "Just a minute."  She got on the phone, a conversation went on in Chinese and she got off the phone.  She then said, "Your daughter is not coming!"  I said, "I don't understand."  She said, "Your husband put in paperwork that you were adopting this girl because China would let you adopt this age.  The Orphanage Director said she does not feel you really want this child so she is not going to let you adopt her."   "I began saying, "No, no we really want this child, please, please.  We were approved by CCAA (which is now CCWA, I think)."  Our Coordinator said, "I will call tomorrow and see if she is in a better mood."  I was dumb founded by this and then ring, ring my alarm went off. 

This dream has stayed with me all day.  So, does it really have meaning??  Would I adopt again from China?  In a heartbeat!  Would Brusselsprout adopt again from China?  No!  He loves our family of eight.  Is my dream actually relating to this?  Or....

Is my dream in reference to the fact that Fayth is coming up on her one year anniversary and that is on my mind?  It really does not matter what the real meaning of the dream is or even if there really is any meaning.  I just find it interesting and cannot shake the feeling of helplessness that the Director was not going to let us adopt this precious child and our Coordinator did not care.

Have you had strange dreams like this?  If so, please share in the comments.  I would love to hear!

2 comments:

Aus said...

A dream like that one? No - but others that caused a similar feeling of angst! Once that passes I find them amusing - but in the early wake of them (while I'm trying to shake them!) very disquieting! And if it's any help - after I read yours I had the willies too!! ;)

hug - I don't put much stock in them at all! - aus and co.

Reena said...

I used to have some really crazy dreams in college and read quite a bit about dream interpretation-- I not an expert by any means.

Your dream sounds like an obstacle dream to me and very could be related to you wanting to adopt again and your DH not wanting to. The way you describe your acceptance in the dream-- that your daughter is not there-- ties to your acceptance that DH does not wish to adopt again. You waiting in the dream for the next day to see if they change their mind/are in a better mood.