Monday, February 25, 2013

This Sermon is for You, Sherry

Have you ever had that happen where you are sure the Pastor wrote the sermon for you?  Every time he said you, he might as well have inserted your name?  Well that was me on Sunday!

Our sermon was entitled, "God Supplies."  The sermon was all about the trials in our life, how Satan will try to discourage us and want us to believe that God has left us and doesn't love us.  Ok, do you see why this sermon was for me?  Remember my post from Thursday night?  Yup, Satan working on me!!!!  But......I was fighting him off because I am a child of God, God loves me and only wants the best for me!

Several times in the sermon, I had tears in my eyes because this sermon was speaking to me and my heart.  The sermon ended with a short story of Winston Churchill's last speech"  He was aged and needed assistance getting to the podium.  He hung onto the podium with his head bowed for the longest time.  He finally raised his head and said, "Never, never give up!"  Tears again flooded into my eyes.  Satan would like to see me "give up" But, I serve a risen Savior who only wants to see me prosper. 

To me, what a miracle that our Pastor chose to give that sermon the Sunday after the Thursday I shared my heart.  What an awesome God we have!

1 comment:

Aus said...

Don't you love it when God.is.smart.like.that? ;)

hugs - aus and co.