Monday, June 2, 2014

New York City

Last Monday, Memorial Day, I flew to New York City for work.  For my first night in New York, before my conference started on Tuesday, my colleague and I went to the 9/11 museum.  What a heart wrenching but oh so real experience.  As we read and listened to stories, looked at pictures and artifacts from that day, the devastation from 9/11 became even more real.  It is one thing to see it on TV and another to stand at the place where the horrible twin tower plane crashes took place.  Here are a few pictures that I took.  You could only take pictures in certain places!





 
This water fall is exactly where one of the twin towers stood!
 
After our conference on Tuesday, we went to Mama Mia on Broadway.  All I can say is "Wow, Amazing and Unbelievable!"  I completely loved it!
 
The third night in New York we took a bus tour.  We sat outside on top to take in the entire city!  It was cold but we were having such a GREAT time we hardly noticed it.  Here are some pictures I took:
 






 
Our last night in New York City, Thursday, we did a little shopping!
 
Friday morning before leaving, we went to Book Expo and boy was that amazing!!  Tons and tons of publishers, books and authors!
 
My time in New York City was great!  I sure missed my family but am so thankful for the opportunity!
 

No comments: