Friday, March 23, 2012

The Ending Of Spring Break

I took today off to spend time with the girls since they are ending out their spring break.  We decided to go to the 10:10 AM showing of The Lorax.  We walked up to the counter to purchase our tickets for the show.  The lady said to me, "Are these your's or are they adopted or is this a daycare?  Now I am asked a lot of questions about my girls and our privacy as a family is disrespected all the time.  This comment today, for some reason, just really hit me the wrong way.  "Are they your's or are they adopted?"  It was like if they are adopted they aren't mine.

I took a deep breath, put on a fake smile and said, "Well let's start by changing the verbage here!  These children are mine, they are my daughters and they are adopted!!"  She said, "Sorry" and then proceeded to ask me if they all came home at the same time, blah, blah blah.  Now don't ask me where the word verbage came from when I commented back.  It just popped out of my mouth.  I wish I could have been a little more clever but I wanted her to understand that her question was totally inappropriately worded.  Adopted children belong to their parents just as much as biological!! 

Well, we to The Lorax and LOVED it.  It was such a cute movie!  After the movie we went out for lunch and then home for The Littles to nap.  After nap, we went and had Easter pictures taken professionally.  I very much like the picture that we got but to be honest, it isn't something that I couldn't have taken myself.  The girls love going to the studio and having their pictures taken so they enjoyed this very much!

After pictures, we came home and had dinner and before long it will be bedtime.  We still have tomorrow and Sunday to enjoy but then Monday starts the regular grind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you and the girls had to be subjects of someone not thinking through what they were saying to you. I recently told someone that bio birth and adoption were quite a bit alike. The process of both is an action, afterwards both lead to one thing, the blessing of our children in our lives.
Sounds as if you handled your situation very well, Sherry. Hopefully, your sweet girls weren't affected by this person's insensitivity. Take care,hollym.:)